If a person has been diagnosed with gout, it is important to follow certain eating guidelines. A gout diet for the legs, the menu of which should include all the necessary trace elements for the patient, will help get rid of the pain. This should be prescribed by your doctor.
Exclude anything that is harmful
Gout is a metabolic disorder that causes salt to accumulate in all joints. Very often the disease affects the legs. It mainly affects men over the age of 40 and is called the disease of kings. Men are thought to be more likely to consume foods that trigger salt deposits. At this point, increased amounts of uric acid enter the bloodstream, so the principle of the disease-related diet is to exclude foods that contain this substance.
- Broths. Especially from fatty fish, pork and mushrooms.
- Liver, kidneys, heart.
- Butter and fat.
- Spices. Especially mustard, horseradish, pepper.
- Salted fish, caviar.
- Sweets and especially chocolate.
- Carbonated drinks.
- Roasted fatty meat.
- Bryndza cheese. And other salty types.
The menu should be designed so that one gets a variety of foods and does not suffer from too many vitamins. You must follow these rules:
- You should eat 4-5 times a day, but the portions should be small.
- You can't overeat and starve.
- Don’t limit yourself to eating fresh vegetables and fruits.
- If your doctor has advised you to shed those extra pounds, you don’t have to go too far. The weight should go slowly - 1-2 kg per month so that the weight loss process does not provoke aggravation of the disease.
- You need to drink 2-3 liters of fluid a day to allow the salts to leave faster.
- Drink alkaline water. It removes salt more effectively.
Many, looking at the list of prohibited foods, wonder what they can eat? In fact, there are many options: this is chicken, and a variety of vegetables and fruits, dairy products. The point is to combine all this rationally. Proper nutrition for any disease means: don’t overeat, don’t exclude fried and fatty foods.
The diet for gout on the feet should be prescribed by a doctor who knows the nature of the course of the disease.
The menu is usually made for 2-6 weeks, depending on the patient's condition. After this time, one should continue to eat the right foods, one can only expand the menu a bit. We are all human and sometimes we want sweet or salty things to death, but it’s better to always keep ourselves in hand so that the herring or cake doesn’t get sideways.
Diet for gout
Menu for patients with gout:
- 7: 00-8: 00 - oatmeal with dried apricots or raisins, fresh fruit salad with yogurt, green tea with lean croutons.
- 13: 00 - vegetable soup from cauliflower, potatoes, carrots and onions, mixed with vegetable oil and herbs. Potato casserole with spoon sour cream.
- 16: 00 - a boiled chicken with eggs and cucumbers.
- 18: 00 - oven baked cheesecake with sour cream. You can drink a glass of kefir or weak tea.
- 7: 00-8: 00 - salad of fresh vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and herbs with vegetable oil), a slice of bran or rye bread with cottage cheese sour cream.
- 13: 00 - chicken steamed with vegetables and rice with the addition of vegetable oil.
- 16: 00 - tomato juice and two slices of bread with pumpkin caviar.
- 18: 00 - pasta with fresh vegetables and hard cheese (unsalted).
- 7: 00-8: 00 - semolina porridge in water with jam and a cup of weak tea with an oatmeal cookie.
- 13: 00 - borsch cooked in vegetable soup, steamed low-fat fish (200 g) and fresh cucumbers.
- 16: 00 - 2 cheesecakes with sour cream.
- 18: 00 - 150 g roast veal and a little boiled beets, flavored with vegetable oil.
- 7: 00-8: 00 - milk soup with rice and a cup of weak coffee.
- 13: 00 - vegetable roasted zucchini, potatoes, cabbage, onions, tomatoes and carrots with rye bread.
- 16: 00 - banana with kefir.
- 18: 00 - vinaigrette with sour cream and tea with an oatmeal cookie.
- 7: 00-8: 00 - pumpkin porridge and baked apples with cottage cheese, compote.
- 13: 00 - buckwheat with stewed veal, fresh cabbage and carrot salad with herbs, flavored with vegetable oil.
- 16: 00 - two slices of bread with beetroot caviar.
- 18: 00 - omelette with two chicken eggs, tomatoes and a slice of rye bread.
- 7: 00-8: 00 - macaroni and cheese, as well as a cup of light coffee with milk.
- 13: 00 - baked potatoes with vegetable oil and braised cabbage with tomato juice.
- 16: 00 - fruit salad sprinkled with yoghurt and sprinkled with chopped cookies.
- 18: 00 - milk soup with oatmeal and steamed carrot patty.
- 7: 00-8: 00 - cottage cheese casserole with dried fruits and sour cream, tea.
- 13: 00 - vegetable soup, two cabbage rolls stuffed with rice and vegetables.
- 16: 00 - boiled eggs and roasted pumpkin with honey.
- 18: 00 - buckwheat porridge with vegetables, a slice of rye bread and a baked apple.
This menu is for a week only, but can be supplemented with a variety of vegetable dishes and alternative porridge. Everyone can choose their favorite. The point is to drink more water, compote, broth from rosehips between meals.
Diets do not always last for several weeks, there may be a person with aggravation, suffering from pain. In this case, you can consume the following products for one day: 200 g of milk, 150 g of lean fish or chicken, half a cup of buckwheat, up to 4 tsp. sugar, 2 pcs. vegetable oil, a portion of mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables and fruits can be consumed without restriction. The most important thing is not to overeat, but the list of these products is harmless and helps relieve pain.
In any case, a gouty diet is a serious issue and it is better for your doctor to prescribe it for you. Each person has their own characteristics in the body and only one doctor knows his history and will be able to resolve all the nuances.